Monday, March 2, 2020

Another day

Hey y'all last week was crazy busy so I didn't get to send out an email but I'll try my best to talk about my last two weeks. First we got to baptize Imare last week and it was pretty sweet! I only got to teach her two of the lessons though because I just got here but it was still cool to witness. We've been knocking doors a lot and I keep having to learn not to laugh out loud when people shut the door in our face mid sentence. But other than that we've had some success and I've met some really nice people who have been inviting us to come back and teach them more.

One funny thing that's happened is when we were eating at a mexican restaurant and I got up to go to the bathroom and my companion told the workers it was my birthday even though my birthdays not even until next month. So I came out of the bathroom and the whole restaurant started singing to me and a sombrero got slapped on the top of my head and I was so confused what was going on. But the fried ice cream was real good so it was worth the confusion.

I've had so many good spiritual experiences these past weeks that I don't even know what to say or how to explain them. But one thing I've learned is that when hard times come it really just means that great times are right around the corner, and that theres always a light at the end of the tunnel no matter where we are in life. I'm not trying to sound like Bob Ross or anything but a good way to put it is that life is an empty canvas and if we just be patient and let the lord help us paint it, we can create something amazing out of it no matter how little materials we have, as long as we live with the hope that everything will be alright.






No comments:

Post a Comment