Monday, February 17, 2020

Richmond

Hey y'all I didn't get to email you guys last week because I was traveling. But that week was my last week in the MTC and I was actually very sad to leave surprisingly. I got really close to everyone in my district within 3 weeks and it was bitter sweet to see everyone branch out to different parts of the country for 2 years. When I got to virginia, I met my mission president and his family and they're some really caring people. I also first noticed how many trees there are out here in virginia lol. But anyways I met my new companion elder Lamont (which is a cool dude). We went to Walmart first thing and as I was getting my cart some dude with a mini afro walks in and says "d*mn I bet y'all pull a lotta b***hes with them white shirts!!" and laughed and walked off lol. So that was fun😂

I wont get into huge detail about my days but I love the ward I'm in and they love missionaries so we've been eating at members houses everynight. It makes me feel less homesick when we go to the members houses because they make us feel like home when we're visiting them. We've done tracting and all the people so far have been really polite, which kinda threw me off because I expected people to be mean to us. But I'm not gonna jinx myself because my companion Lamont told me a few stories that ended up with a gun pointed right at his face😂 We scared the crap out of one lady who was walking out of her front door as we were walking up to knock on her door and she screamed and also scared the crap out of us too but it was pretty funny lol. We also talked to a guy who basically told us he's doing crack and that he's plotting something no good, but told us not to worry because we're safe which is pretty sketchy. He also told us he doesn't need the lord rn and that he's mad at him but that he respects us and wants us to keep coming over to talk on his porch. So me and my comp agreed to just keep checking in on him every now and then bc we can tell he's a great guy who's just going through some things and just needs people to talk to. On the bright side, we already have a baptism coming up this Saturdayand me and my comp are hyped about that.

I've had my ups and downs throughout the week, but overall I'm really glad to be here. I'm already starting to grow as a person being independent and I like the area I'm in. Everyone has an accent here so I wouldn't be surprised If I start slowly picking it up anytime soon and came back with it. But yeah most the members here are sweet and they all have the same sarcastic sense of humor as me so I get along with them all really well haha. I cant wait to get to know more people out here.

I'm sorry if I sound very blunt when I talk in these emails, but it's very hard to cram everything that happens in a week inside of one email, but I'm working on my enthusiasm😂 I want you all to know once again, that you are all loved and that theres somebody out there who will always be there for you no matter what you do, and that if you reach out to him he will listen to you and give you answers that you need. I hope you guys are all enjoying life over there and also feel free to send me messages throughout the week! I'll try to reply to them today or the next Monday.

Live Maas










No comments:

Post a Comment